I’m A Christian Now!
March 1 @ 9:30 am - 10:30 am
I’m a Christian Now! is an eight-week class hosted during sunday school that will cover how to become a Christian; a deeper understanding of salvation, baptism, and the Lord’s Supper; what it means to be a church member; the importance of Bible reading, prayer, worship, service and giving; how to tell your testimony; going on mission; and continuing to grow as a Christian in difficult times.
I’’m A Christian Now! Class information:
- Class will take place every Sunday during regular SUNDAY SCHOOL service from 9:30-10:30am starting March 1st and ending April 26th. Classes will be attended by the children only NOT parents.
- On the morning of our first class (April 1st 9:30-10:30am) we will have a mandatory parent meeting that we ask you attend that will take place at the same time as your child’s. Suzanne Pitts will be hosting this one-time meeting where you will get some insight into what your child will be learning, what your role is during this class and some tips/resources to set you up for success during this time.
- Kids will receive a workbook on the first day of class that is specific to their age where they will be asked to complete sections at home to further reinforce and engage our kids with the material.
- In order for your child to “graduate” from this class they will need to be present for at least 6 out of the 8 meetings. Although perfect attendance is recommended, we understand that life circumstances may happen that effect your child’s attendance.
- After your child has completed the 8-week class we will have a celebratory breakfast to acknowledge this milestone in their spiritual journey with Christ! The date of this celebration will be communicated at the parent meeting.
- All children who have completed the class will be eligible for baptism after having a meeting with Pastor Raymond.
- Lastly, this class is designed for children who have already made a profession of faith in Christ and need to walk through what it looks like to be a Christian. For those children who haven’t made this profession but are starting to ask questions concerning salvation, Jesus and the Christian faith; we will be hosting another bible study called “The Gospel: God’s Plan for Me” that will walk your kids through that in the near future. In the meantime, kids may participate in this study.
To register your child please click here!